Sunday, April 10, 2011

After Ten years I played a maiden : Sehwag




The formidable Slinga Malinga can be proud of a unique feat, apart from his five for 13. That is bowling a maiden over to the most destructive batsman in world cricket , Sehwag.

Sehwag admitted that he had played a maiden over after ten long years !

"Yes, I think after 10 years I played a maiden today. It was a plan. We lost two wickets so I thought let me play Malinga because others may not be able to pick him. We have 10 debutants in Delhi squad and it will take a little time for us to come together." said the formidable Indian opener.

It was unfortunate that his side, DDD, crashed to an eight wicket defeat to MI, spearheaded by the outstanding slinger.

DD were 40 runs short and their inexperience did them in. "A 140-150 is a good total here, but everything went Mumbai's way."

Sehwag was bullish about their excellent fielding and bowling and hope to improve in the coming matches.

"We have a good bowling unit and fielding. I am the only one who have played in the last three IPL. I am sure we will come good in the coming matches." India's dashing opener said.

No comments: