Friday, February 11, 2011

I will try to bat the entire 50 overs : Sehwag




Sehwag said he is looking eagerly for the opener against BD at Dacca. He said he likes to bat the entire 50 overs. ( If he bats 50 overs, he can overtake Sachin's 200 no ).

"I think I have never played 50 overs in one-day cricket. The maximum I have played is 43 or 44 overs. But this time I will try to bat 50 overs and give a good start to the team. I have been unsuccessfully trying this for the last 10 years and the effort is still on and will be there," said the opening wonder.

His captain and coach have asked him to play his natural game, despite the pressure of the situation. This is a glorious trait of both Dhoni and Kirsten, they tell the players not to be pressurised unduly.

"I think nobody is telling me what to do, that's the good part of our team. The coach and captain just allow me to bat the way I bat. So, they are not putting any pressure on me. They said you just go and play your natural game. If you score runs we are happy and if you don't score runs then also we are happy," the dashing batsman opined.

"My role is to go out there and enjoy myself and give a good start to the team. If I score 20 runs in 10 balls or 100 in 70, 80 balls I am happy with that," he added.

"For the last three years, I was in a good frame of mind. I have changed a little bit. Now I give respect to the new ball. I make sure that I spend four-five overs before taking on the bowlers and try to give a good start.

"I know that I have Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Yusuf Pathan, Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina in the middle-order, so I can go after the bowling straight from the first ball. But now I am trying to look for three-four overs and ensure that I give a good start to the team."

"I think we lost just one or two games against Bangladesh, one in the World Cup and may be one in Bangladesh only. So, our record against Bangladesh is very good. We know that in the last World Cup, we lost to them, so we are waiting for the match against Bangladesh. We are charged up for the game and hopefully, we will do well against them this time," said the destroyer of bowlers.

Asked whether he has recovered fully from his shoulder injury that cut short his South Africa tour, he said, "I am taking regular treatment, so hopefully, I will be completely fine."


Horoscope of Sehwag

Sehwag was born with Leo rising. Leo represents the Lion in Astrology. His Venus is retrograde, equivalent to exaltation and combines with Mars, the sports planet. He is born in a Vipareetha Raja Yoga, as the 8th lord Jupiter is exalted in the 12th. Exalted Jupiter guarantees that he can shine on any day. He was out of the Indian team for a while and then came back and scored a triple century. The eighth lordship of Jupiter has catapulted him to great heights. He has scored two triple centuries, unachieved by any Indian so far. On his day, he is a matchwinner. Exalted Jupiter always inspires him and even if you drop him for one year, he will come back and score a triple century ! At the moment he is running Jupiter's period, Saturn's subperiod till 12-07-2013 . It was in Jupiter's period he scored 293 against SL. We wish him well during this period. Good Luck, Sehwag !

No comments: